Saturday, February 18, 2006

Knitting Project Progress

Okay, not the most original of titles but at least it's about knitting and not pics of me going through my a.m. beauty routine. That's a blessing. Am I right?

At the beginning of this month my blog celebrated its first birthday. Yeah blog! I mention this only because of my oldest UFO, the project that got me blogging in the first place, Boogie's dress. I've never posted a picture of any part of it at all! So hold onto your hats kids as I proudly offer for your approval....the back of Boogie's dress:
The pattern is from "Baby Knits for Beginners" by Debbie Bliss. (Boogie's dress on the Debbie Bliss page is the far right pic.) I chose the largest size to knit because I knew that A) I'm a freakin' slow knitter and B) babies grow incredibly fast!! Especially Boogie. She's 21 months old and 3 feet tall. Read it again folks, 3 FEET tall. I'm seriously considering enrolling her in super model school and livin' large off her good looks.

Before I go on about this project and pattern, (or get sidetracked by talking about how beautiful and tall my child is) here's a shot of the front:

No, it's not even done but it's my own salute to the knitting Olympics. I knew that I couldn't finish anything in 16 days but I decided I would attempt to complete this dress by the end of the Olympics or before Boogie grows another foot, whichever comes first.

So why has this taken me so freakin' long? The pattern confused the crap out of me and it's knit on size 3 needles. When I started this dress I hadn't knit anything of consequence for almost 10 years. To say I was rusty would be the understatement of the century. Anyway, I've gotten great help from my SnB gal pals and I'm sure this sucker will be finished well before Boogie's 2nd birthday...in 3 months...when she has to wear it for a picture. No pressure, right?

To keep my brain from oozing out of my ears while I finish the dress I've been working on Wavy, (on the left) and a potential Christmas present scarf on the right. Wavy is being knit with some Alpaca I got as a Christmas gift and I'm using some Highland Wool from Elann for blue boy. I'll give more specific info once I post the finished pics. By the way, ordering the blue stuff was the first time I'd ordered anything from Elann and I think I'm in love! The service was beyond great and the yarn is cool, too!

This is my cat, Zoe. I have a lot of really cute critters at my house and I just don't post pictures of them like I should. So here's Zoe. She's a shelter kitty adopted not long after we found a home for another kitty we were fostering. Zoe thinks she's a dog because she likes to growl at people who come to the door and try to tear up tennis balls. I just don't have the heart to tell her she's a kitty. Yes, her eyes glow like that all the time. Either she's possessed by Satan or she's been smokin' too much catnip. I'll try to get a pic of my feral kitty up next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hi Zoe! I bet it's rough to be a dog trapped in a cat's body...

I think Boogie's dress is going to be stunning.

Oh, yes, the dangers of Elann.com... They reward you for buying lots by giving you credits towards more yarn. It's a vicious cycle. ;) Sometimes WEBS (yarn.com) has good sales - it's worth getting on their email list to find out about them. They'll have Noro, Jo Sharp, etc.

Ok, back to cleaning...

1:15 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Zoe it looks a lot like my Harley!!! Why have we not realized this? Except half of Harley's face is buff/gold-colored.... Harley's frightened of the camera, but I'll try to get a better picture of her and post it.

And the dress is gorgeous, and moving right along. It will definitely be done by her birthday.

3:49 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Zoe is a beautifully colored cat! Congrats on your blogiversary ;o)

If you stitch up any of your sketches let me know! I'd love to see them. The bunnies are the only thing, so far, that has made it out of last Friday's sketchbook into reality ;o)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dress is fantastic! She will look so sweet and precious. Yes, let's see more of the critters! And I understand about tall children, believe me. Happy Monday!!

xoxoxo-
your SP

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home