A Friend in need
This super cute dog is Oreo and she needs your help. See the cute little blinkie on your right. Please follow it to The Muttering Muse where you'll get the whole scoop on what's happening with her beloved Oreo. She tells it much better than I ever could. If you can help at all, that would be awesome! Slap the blinkie on your blog and maybe more folks can pitch in. I know all of ya'll have wonderful friends like Oreo in your life. Oh, and the Muse is a new knitter! Consider the whole knitting aspect a bonus!
Now, to really rip your heart out, I'm going to share something very mushy and pet related. I've carried this as a beat up clipping everywhere we've moved. I've re-read as I've seen 3 of my kitties off the Kitty Heaven, (the oldest one last year at the age of 19. She was a spry little kitty, too.), taken in a stray or two and found them homes, and done what I could for various animal charities over the years.
The Pet Owner's 10 commandments
...From a Pet's Point of View
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you get me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial to my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I have only you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
7. Please don't hit me. I can't hit back, but I can bite and scratch, and I really don't want to do that.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm no getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch," or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.
...Remember, I love you.
(Reprinted from Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, CO, The Stethoscope, original author unknown.)
Typing that makes me cry like a big baby. (Okay, I've got PMS but I can cry!) I hope I don't sound to preachy, but if you can help Oreo, that would be awesome.
On an upbeat note, I'm moving!!! I've gotten my account over at Typepad up and running. Sort of. It's pretty boring right now but I've got 2 photo albums up and 1 lame-ass post. My goal is to move the whole Blogger blog over on Sunday evening. I don't know what will happen, but I don't want ya'll to lose me! I've met lots of nice people over the last few months! So it would probably help if I gave you the new url: http://knitiotsavant.typepad.com
It's already set up with Bloglines and my goal is to be totally ready at the new site for March's Knitting Confessional.