Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I don't like Red Heart at all! Other than that, I don't think I'm a snob.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I spin. I can crochet but I don't do it regularly at all.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My straight needles are in a case I got for Christmas. Circulars and DPNs share a very crowded shoe box and my crochet hooks are in a felted holder my mom gave me.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting of and on for about 10 years but only got serious about it in the last couple of years. I consider my skill level to be intermediate, but I'm not a terribly confident knitter.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I don't have a wishlist but I can make one if you need it.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like melon scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I love chocolate!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to sew but knitting is my primary craft thing.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have really eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to just about anything except rap. I can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite colors are black and purple and I love a fall palate of colors. I absolute detest fluorescent colors. (I can't even spell it I hate them so much.)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with one child. She's 19 months old. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love scarves, hats and mittens but could live without ponchos. I live in South Texas so there really hasn't been an opportunity this winter to wear those things.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Brooks Farm Yarns

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Linen! Hate spinning it and won't knit with it. Cotton is a close second, but I've found some pretty decent cottons so I wouldn't mind exploring them some more.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I want to learn cables and do felting.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Almost anything that's fast. I like instant gratification.

17. What are you knitting right now? I'm working on a hat, a scarf, a child's sweater, child's dress and a felted bag.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I like straights.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own a ball winder but no swift.

22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 9 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love cats and dogs. Not really into animated characters.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect? Teapots made in Occupied Japan.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'd love to try Noro and I'm a sucker for pretty needles.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Cables

30. Are you a sock knitter? Sort of. I have issues with the second sock. What are your foot measurements? Oops. I'll measure and get back to you.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 9 (Thanks for not asking for the year.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the good wishes. Now I am jumpy everytime I feel a twinge. But so far so conclusive diagnosis.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home