Friday, January 13, 2006

A relatively uninspired post

Yeah, this will be a pretty "thisisthedayinmyworldhowaboutyourworld?" sort of post. I just haven't been terribly inspired to sit and write. Maybe my brain needed a break.

I was so unaware of this but this is National De-lurking week! I had no clue! Let me tell you folks, I am the queen of lurking. I lurk and lurk and when I finally decide to comment it either turns out that A: I've said something completely stupid or B: the person posting wasn't necessarily interested in hearing comments from anyone just sort of enjoying the sound of their own voice which is not a bad thing because don't we all love to hear ourselves rattle on and on and on and on...you get the picture. If you're lurking, come out into the sunlight! Out yourself, you lurker you!

This week has just been sort of "uh." You know, nothing great, nothing bad just a week. That's really a good thing, I think. Boring can be nice. (Please keep telling yourself that as you read.)

In the knitting world, I've started Wavy. I managed to turn a simple little scarf pattern into a comedy of errors! I'm just going to leave it at that because I'm still a little raw from my brush with utter stupidity.

I've also started working on my felted bag which is going much better. I love knitting the bag because it's fat and fast. I also frogged Boogie's dress to get some help with it at the next SnB. If any of you have checked out my humble blog from the beginning, Boogie's dress was sort of the catalyst for blogging about knitting. I hit a snag and all but gave up on it. Not to mention the fact that she's so tall I'm not sure it will even fit her anymore. Well, I finally grew a set, frogged back to the beginning of the error and am ready to tackle and beat the crap out of this pattern. I've got knitting attitude to spare. I'll snap some pictures of everything this weekend.

Lack of inspiration is seeping back in so I'm going to wander away from the computer and work on my bag before Boogie gets up from her nap. Poor little thing just isn't jamming on the afternoon nap this week. I think she's sleeping in a little too much. Plus she gets really wound up and has a tough time chillin'. Allergies have kept is inside a bit and I think she might be stir crazy. It's sort of hard to tell in a 20 month old, though.

But I digress. It's off to bag world.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heck, I rarely have anything to say in comments, but that doesn't stop me. :) After I started blogging, I realized how nice it was to get comments, even the ones that were simple or silly. Especially the silly ones, actually!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't worry about commenting, you are so funny on the blog, I can't imagine the comments would be anything but witty and entertaining!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

But you had a wave going. You could keep going and consider it your own pattern/design feature. You could submit it to www.theanticraft.com and call it The Next Wave :-)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home