Monday, January 23, 2006

It's about food...


For the life of me I can't explain why I've decided to post recipes and pictures of food. I'm no Julia Child or anyone else who can cook decently and yet here I am offering another recipe. Like the chocolate pie, the only origin I have for this is my Mom. I don't know where she got it or if, like a lot of stuff she cooks, she just made this up. For better or worse I proudly present:
Spaghetti Sauce
Serves at least 5 people
You'll need:
1 lb. ground beef (I use ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 minced garlic clove
2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
3 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
Lightly brown the ground meat, onion and garlic. Drain fat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer uncovered one hour. (This recipe leaves a ton of wiggle room for jazzing it up the way you want.) I serve it over whole wheat pasta.
Okay, no more posts about food! These are desperation posts!

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Good thing I already ate, or you'd be making me hungry. :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Heh, I also make my own spaghetti sauce, but it can feed about 20! :) I love my italian receipes from my Dad's side of the family! (Straight off the boat they were!) But, like most cooks I know from a byegone era, they don't use recipes per se. SO I just know what goes into the sauces and roughly how much, and I season to taste! :) Actual measurements are certainly an easier way to cook!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Don't worry, food is just as good a blog subject as any! My kids love my homemade sauce, which actually is never made the same way since I just start shaking stuff in it. Maybe one day I will write it down as I go?

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

mmmmm.. first the cake.. now the spaghetti sauce. I'm hungry! I also agree that food posts are good.. especially when they come with recipes and/or pictures!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home