Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Chocolatey Goodness


Okay, if you're diabetic or on a diet step slowly away from the monitor. Otherwise buckle up kids cause this is one super yummy and idiot simple desert. I got this recipe from my mom and I have no idea where she got it but damn near every relative on her side of the family makes this thing.
Without further ado I proudly present:


SELF CRUST CHOCOLATE PIE
(pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees)
You'll need:
1 stick plus 1 Tbls. of butter or margarine
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of flour (all-purpose . If you want a more cake like texture use self-rising)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup cocoa
Melt the butter in a 9-inch pie pan. (This step is extremely important as the melted butter provides the non-stickiness for your pan.)
Pour butter over other ingredients. Mix well. Put mixture back in pie pan. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. (My personal preference is ice cream and, if I'm feelin' crazy or have raging PMS, hot fudge on top of that.)
Yummy!

4 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

Do you use a glass/pyrex pie plate or metal? Because I plan on making this tomorrow night, and I'd hate to burn it! ;-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It sounds good, but alas, it looks like one of those things that's impossible to make gluten free. :(

Do you mean 1/4 cup of cocoa? Doesn't seem to be an amount specified.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yum!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh great! I know I have all those ingredients at home. Must resist craving for chocolate! But maybe I should make one for DH, who loves choco pie. Thanks for the recipe and the Tile praise. And once again, I am stalking Chris and Chaos in blogger comments!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home