Okay, here are my answers. I'd planned on posting something silly, but I'll put these up for now.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I admit it. I’m sort of a yarn snob, I just can’t always afford to indulge my snobbery. I don’t mind Lion Brand, they can have some pretty decent stuff. I won’t touch Red Heart with a ten foot pole!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin, but I don’t have a lot of time to do it these days. I can crochet, but don’t enjoy it as much as knitting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Strong perfumes give me migraines, but that’s it.
4. How long have you been knitting?
About 10 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love lavendar and some really subtle floral scents.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes!! I love chocolate!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I make stitch markers, sew and scrapbook.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Almost anything. I love classical music, but I’m sort of particular about the artist. Love Celtic music, some country (Dixie Chicks), heavy metal, I’m really pretty open to any music. I can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is purple and almost any shade and my favorite color palette are fall colors: rich reds, golds, oranges…stuff like that. I really detest pastels.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married (20 years this month. I was a child bride.) with 1 child. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To be independently wealthy. (Is this supposed to be a realistic dream?)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything but acrylics and llama. Don’t know why I don’t like llama, I just don’t.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
That would be llama again. And cotton is a pain in the butt.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks and making this weird earflap hat for my husband.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now, I’m loving socks.
17. What are you knitting right now?
I’m working on a dress for my baby, the above mentioned weird hat for my hubby and socks.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
At first, I thought it was cool to see them make a comeback. Now that everyone wears them and really, not everyone should, I’m not so sure they’re a good thing.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
I knitted my first sock this month. I’m very excited!
22. How did you learn to knit?
Completely self-taught…and it shows.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
My favorite animals are dogs and cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Teapots from Occupied Japan.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not really. I have a ton of books and I just haven’t made time to read any of them.