Thursday, December 29, 2005

FO in the house


I finished Clapotis and it was fun to knit but gave me no gristle for the Knitting Confessional. That's a GOOD thing!

It was so much fun to knit and I have to give a huge shout out to Brooks Farm Yarn. Easily the best yarn in the universe. Just to review, I used "Harmony", composed of 55% Mohair/ 22.5% Wool, 22.5% Silk Blend. I just hope the picture really captures how beautiful this yarn is. We took Boogie to the park this morning and I had Clapotis on, (until my brain realized that I live in Texas and it just ain't cold right now. Vanity never listens to reason.) and Big B was blown away by the colors. Really spectacular.

We had a nice holiday. It was so much fun to see Boogie really confused by the presents, ripping paper and the tricycle that Santa left for her. She loves her trike. Big B pushed her around on it Christmas Day and Boogie kept yelling, "Faster!". I think I have a little daredevil on my hands.

This is a truly uninspired post this evening. I'm feeling tired. My grandmother was hospitalized this week and should be released tomorrow or Saturday. She is 94 years old and treats life like one big adventure. I really admire her spirit. So here's a cute grandma story. (Actually, we call her Ma.) Ma was riding the elevator in her retirement community one day. She was sharing the ride with another elderly lady who was wearing a square dance dress. Ma told her fellow traveler how beautiful she looked in the dress and how pretty the dress itself was. The new friend said, "I think we're about the same size. Come back to my apartment and if they fit, you can have a couple of my dresses." Ma takes her friend up on the offer and walks away with a couple of swanky square dance dresses. She promptly buys matching tights and scarves for these wardrobe additions. Ma loves wearing these dresses to go shopping, eat out, or just chill with her buds in her retirement community. She gets compliments everywhere she goes. The hell with wearing purple when I'm old. I want my very own square dance dress with spiffy tights, beautiful scarf and even a little handbag. We should all be so spunky. I love you, Ma.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Janna said...

What a great story about your Ma! I hope she's doing better real soon. And of course the Clapotis is gorgeous....

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home