Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bye bye weekend



My weekend got off to a nice start. Friday afternoon, Big B surprised me with these beautiful flowers. They were his way of saying thanks for everything I do. What a sweetie! We've been married 20 years and he still manages to surprise me with sweet little gifts. (No, I am not making this up. Yes, we are one of those couples that many couples hate...happily married after 20 years.) I think Big B will do just fine for my first husband. Guess I'll have to hold off looking for hubby number 2 for awhile.

Saturday was just plain hectic. I've been sewing like crazy to get Boogie's Halloween costume done. My goal is to have it finished by the upcoming weekend. It's a pretty simple little pattern and, barring any weird sewing errors on my part, it should be finished with plenty of time to spare.

In the midst of the sewing, I managed to finish something. (Actually, I have a number of "somethings" finished, but only have a picture of one of them.) Yes, it's this lovely baby....I mean hat. Yes, the hat. How'd that baby get there?

This hat was made with some yarn my wonderful Secret Pal from SP5 gave me. The super simple pattern is from "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns" by Ann Budd. The book is wonderful! Not only does it provide a bunch of standard patterns, but it forces you to deal with gauge. Like many knitters, I struggle with gauge. (i.e. generally hate and ignore gauge) Budd's book really takes a great deal of the stress out of it and gives me a bunch of basic patterns to play with. Plus Boogie got a cute hat out of my lesson.



Sunday was SnB and we met at this kitschy little coffee house. (Yes, I'm a geek. I love my digital camera so I took this picture. At least I don't have a sock in front of it.) I was really looking forward to conversation, coffee, cake and some knitting. I have this super cute chunky sweater pattern picked out for Boogie and, since I recently mastered the concept of gauge, I was ready to complete a swatch, check the gauge and start the sweater. Well, my mommy brain betrayed me and I forgot the damn pattern. Oh well. It was a great afternoon and I worked on a shawl project that's probably older than any piece of clothing I currently own. Note for anyone struggling with mommy brain: always have back up knitting or all you do is bitch with no stitch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Erin said...

Wow ... sounds like I should use you as my inspiration for knitting projects. :) I'm getting out of my knitting slump by forcing myself to stop fretting about reading for school and to pick up knitting instead. Now I just need a pattern that's mindless yet captivating!

The pictures are great ... I'm glad you got your camera!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home