Monday, August 22, 2005

Nothin' funny here

Originally, this post was going to be a bunch witty observations about my first week as a stay-at-home mommy. Instead, I find myself completely at a loss to say anything funny. My funny bone got sucked dry by Katrina.

A dear friend of ours lives in Metairie. I tried to call him just before Katrina hit and he wasn't home. I hadn't heard anything from him until today. He left a message on my answering machine saying that he and his family were fine and in Philadelphia, MS. (I was in the shower when he called!!) He sounded tired and he completely forgot to leave a number but that's fine. At least I know he's alive.

My heart is breaking for everyone affected by Katrina.

I have nothing else to say right now. I'll be witty next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home