Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Look before you leap....

Tomorrow, I'm resigning from my position to stay at home full time with:





This is Boogie. I love her more than life. More than chocolate and BtVS. More than knitting. I made a promise to her that I would stop working before she saw 1 1/2 years. This picture was made when she was 1. She's 14 months now and I'm keeping my promise to her.

I'm so scared. All my adult life I've worked, or been in college, grad school...whatever. My income is extra and it's nice, but Boogie is nicer! We're going to live cheap and love every minute of it.

Tomorrow I tell the owner of the clinic that I'm out of there. She'll probably be angry, and I can understand that. She has a business to run. I'm making sure to give her more than 2 weeks notice but, honestly, there's such a shortage of folks in my field that it will be difficult for her to find a replacement.

In other news, I've been running more than knitting in a desperate attempt to shed baby weight. I'm going to by a jogging stroller so that Boogie and I can run together in the morning. (Actually, she gets to enjoy a mellow, groovy ride while I puff my ass off trying to make it up hills!!!)

I've found another knitting group in my area that meets on Sunday afternoons and I'm hoping to make it this month's meeting. My regular group meets next Tuesday night. I'm also desperately searching for playgroups so Boogie can have friends and so can mom!

I'm going to run...literally.

P.S. Yes, those are tears in her eyes. She was really not liking the chick who took her picture. Not a good scene at all!! But she still looks fab!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Enjoy her while she's young.
-SP

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home