Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Too much fun!

I had the best time at the Knitting group last night! It was jus fabulous! Everyone was super friendly and, since it's held in our LYS, we shopped. That's just evil. Pure, unadulterated evil. I think everyone left with something they'd purchased.

I bought needles for some new projects, specifically some shorter needles for socks. My grand plan is to make socks for Boogie. I got some skewing of really cute yarn, two of them from the sale bin! Sweet! Unfortunately, I didn't check my needle inventory very closely and wound up buying a set of DBL points that I already had. I guess I'll have to make another trip to the yarn store to return those needles. I just hate that!

So here I am at my first meeting, and, like an idiot, I volunteer to start a blog for the group to keep folks informed. Originally, this group was using MeetUp to stay in touch and notify members of what was going on. MeetUp has made some unpopular changes and so the group is taking it's business elsewhere. Hence the blog. The group leader is going to forward the blog's URL to the current members and I think we're just going to rely on people picking up the notices at the LYS for new members. Talk about jumping in with both feet! Guess I did that in spades!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home