Friday, May 27, 2005

A Controversial Post

One of the benefits of no one reading your blog...wait, let's insert "my blog" instead. It's more accurate not as accusatory sounding. Anyway, one of the benefits of no one reading my blog is that nothing I say in it will ever be interpreted to be controversial, bitchy, rude...pick an adjective. With that in mind, the writer of one of the blogs I read is apparently being put in her place by other bloggers because of an opinion she posted. Her blog is pretty mellow and groovy. She talks about life, knitting, life, knitting...pretty normal. But let's try to get our heads around this one: She posted her opinion on her personal website and some people don't like it. As a result, according to this blogger, she has been dropped from some bloggers links and some commentors have stopped commenting. What the f**k is going on here?

The internet has no real rules to govern it. We all hope that folks will be on their best behavior when they come out to play in it's murky waters. Unfortunately, the occasional petty tyrant/freak will rear his or her ugly head and attempt to force conformity. Knitting and blogging are hobbies and, like any hobby, folks have they're own way about doing them. There is no deep, philosophical meanings behind either act. If you want to get up in arms about something, let's talk about war, poverty, starvation, the millions dying every year of preventable disease. Those are topics that demand heated debate, not one person's opinion on a hobby for god's sake.

Blog or knit because you love it. Because it relieves stress/is fun/is a creative outlet...to do either without something positive behind it is foolish and destructive. If anyone does happen to read my blog and doesn't like what I've said, screw off. I'm not writing to please you anyway. (Thought I should end on a childish note. Pretty childish, huh?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

I'm glad you're not blogging to please me! Makes for so much better reading. :-)

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Meribeth said...

Brava!!!

Ahhh, to hear the voice of reason above the clammor of the shallow.

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Annie said...

Very well written~ as was your comment to me. I appreciate your support. :)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home