Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Let's play catch!

Taking a little break from baby right now. She's sleeping peacefully in my bed, wrapped in a beautiful afghan knitted for her by a friend of my husband's. I'm not a good crafty mom. I have yet to knit anything for my poor little pookie, but I have lots of patterns picked out! I guess that's a step closer to getting something done for her!

Job stuff has really come to a head for me. I don't like the idea of Baby being in daycare but we really need the cash to pay down some student loan debt. Am I shorting her if I continue to work for nearly the first 2 years of her life? Will she really know the difference if I'm around for all by 3 eight hour periods a week? I struggle with this daily. I think all parents do.

Back to job stuff. I'm seriously looking at other positions. I have an interview tomorrow afternoon. My interview last Friday went fabulously and I'm pretty confident that they'll offer me the position. I'm also pretty confident that I'll accept...unless the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow afternoon is just way better!!

The reality of my situation is that I have to work right now. I don't want to, but I don't have a choice in the matter. Baby seems happy. She loves the girls at daycare, (she always gives them hugs and kisses) and she always seems happy to see me, come home with me and just be loved. She is everything to me, but I don't want to make the same mistake my mother did by losing myself completely in her. I need to do something on my own. Whether it's working, knitting, playing the piano, whatever, I need that space. I think that's probably true of most parents, it's just difficult to admit that.

I was cruising around the web looking for some neat sites to link my blog to. I think I've found some knitting sites that are particularly cool and some neat parenting sites. Now to just getting around to doing it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home