Saturday, March 26, 2005

A beginning

I changed the name of my blog. Maybe not the most creative name in the universe, but I think its pretty cool.

I finally committed to a long-term project this weekend. I went to my local yarn store and picked up the yarn to make the Dress with Eyelets from Debbie Bliss's book "Baby Knits for Beginners." My LYS didn't stock Debbie Bliss yarns anymore so a super nice chick helped me pick out a comparable yarn. I chose a soft, sort of shell-like pink cotton. Some of the pinks were just a little too harsh for my taste. Baby has a really fair complexion with beautiful blue eyes and pastel colors look very pretty on her.

I also picked up a little something for myself. I saw a beautiful skinny scarf hanging near the fab novelty yarns. The directions were pinned to the scarf so I snagged a skein for myself. It's sort of a boucle meets eyelash yarn with vibrant, rich colors: deep reds, purples, greens, blues...it's just beautiful and super soft. The scarf itself is only about 4 inches wide on size 15 needles. The large needles have made the pretty boring knit stitch look exotic! I love it!

So, my plan is to knit up a swatch and check my gauge on Baby's little dress. Yes, I'm going to check the gauge. I'll use my mini scarf project as a mindless distraction when I've had enough of Baby's dress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home